Nursing home neglect can take many different forms, and many different instances of such nursing home neglect in the Chicago area and elsewhere are discussed throughout this website.
Signs of possible nursing home neglect are various, and include the following:
- unsanitary conditions, in the living areas or elsewhere
- poor hygiene evident in one or many nursing home residents
- dirty clothing worn by one or many nursing home residents
- lack of food or clothing for one or many nursing home residents
- infections, especially those that appear unnatural
- bedsores (this is a link to the Elman Law Group’s ChicagoBedSoresLaw.com site) Bedsores are also called pressure sores, pressure ulcers and decubitus ulcers and bed sores)
- wounds or infections that appear to be healing very slowly
- untreated injuries or neglected injuries
- recurring infections
- improper levels of medication (overmedication and undermedication)
- failure to notify physician in charge – as well as other relevant parties – as to the development of significant medical conditions
If you suspect any possible nursing home neglect has occurred, please contact the Elman Law Group for a free legal consultation to discuss the situation and see what legal remedy may exist.
To immediately speak directly with Tony Elman, lead attorney of the Elman Law Group, call (773) 392-8182 at any time. There is no fee for this legal consultation.
Elman Law Group has been serving the personal injury legal needs of the Chicago area for over 20 years, and during this time has handled over 10,000 Illinois personal injury lawsuits.
Elman Law Group is known for its court trial accomplishments. This is important for your lawsuit because if an appropriate settlement is not offered, we have a proven track record of achieving highly attractive court verdicts.